Saturday, October 25, 2008

A post from a lazy day off

I haven't updated my blog in quite some time, now.

This last week has been Hell. I just got done working 8 days straight on Thursday. I go back in tomorrow, but only for 4 days, then I'm off for 4 days, in which I'll be taking a little trip.

Yesterday I pretty much hung out with Desiree all day long. It was great. I picked her up around noon, I think. We ate lunch, then bought comics. After that, we went out to Durham (because I'm an idiot and left my paycheck there) and then dropped by the bank. We went to Ed McKay's and she sold some stuff. She gave me some of her credit to compensate for having to drive forever way to pick her up and drop her off. With it, I got Freddy Vs. Jason on DVD, the 1st Friday the 13th, The Cell by Stephen King, and An American Werewolf in London on VHS.

We came home, and she gave me a nice long back massage because I'd just worked all those days in a row. It was very, very nice. Afterwards, I grabbed a bunch of DVDs I'm not going to watch anytime soon, and took them to McKay's to help with this month's rent. I got about $45 and I bought a Halo novel for $1.65 just because I felt like reading something lame. I guess it's my version of a romance novel.

After that, we grabbed dinner and came back home. We watched The Office and It's Always Sunny, and then just laid in bed, and she listened to me talk about how hard this Raleigh life has been. I felt a thousand times better. I drove her home late, and got home around 1:15 or something. I read a few of the comics I bought, and promptly passed the shit out.

Today I slept in till 12:30, which I never do, and I usually hate sleeping that late, but I figured I needed it. I woke up and talked to Mandy on the phone for a short bit, and then took a shower and watched Freddy Vs. Jason. After that, I played Halo 3 for a while, and now I'm here, talking to Desiree on AIM.

So I think I'm going to be calling Time Warner and unsubscribing to their digital cable and DVR service. As much as I love having it, I don't think it's worth it. Not to mention I'm still barely scraping by. I'm also dropping about 15 comics. I'll still read both of the Green Lantern books, as well as finishing up Secret Invasion (only one more issue) , Fables (although it hasn't been that great lately, but I'm going to give it a few more issues) and 100 Bullets (only 4 more issues left, and they come out once every 2 months).

I really need to cut back on stupid spending. And I know I've been saying that for I don't even know how long. I figure I'll trade in Soul Calibur 4 and Grand Theft Auto 4 for Gears of War 2. Which sucks, because I really don't want to trade them in, but it's worth it, I think. Plus, I don't really have anything else to trade in. Well, maybe The Orange Box, but that's really great, too. Ugh, I don't know. I still have like 2 weeks to figure it out.

But I figure stopping the Digital Cable/DVR and cutting back on comics big time will help things. And hey, it's only 4 more months until I move to Durham. So that'll save $50 a month in gas, and I won't have to pay the waterbill, as it's included in the rent. It'll be nice to live so close to work. And Southpoint is pretty cool, aside from the shitty clientel.

I really like Desiree. Like, a lot. We're officially "dating" which is I guess the 1st step up from "talking" and a step down from "boyfriend/girlfriend". I know most things are awesome in the beginning, but if things keep up like this, I don't see it being too long before we graduate to those titles for each other. And that kind of really, really excites me. It was so nice just relaxing with her yesterday watching TV and laughing at Charlie have a dry-heave. I could really, really get used to it.

Speaking of TV...I'm almost not liking the whole Jim/Pam thing on The Office. It's stupid and trite, and there's no way two people which such a connection like they had in previous seasons would start to have problems the second one of them moved away for a bit. Thank God for Michael and Holly. The Dwight stuff with Phllys was good, too. But seriously, Michael and Holly are the only reasons I watch that show, for the most part.

It's Always Sunny has been great, of course. I'm an episode behind in Heroes. I'll watch it eventually. Aside from Sylar, that show is disappointing me a lot, too. Am I just getting too picky with my TV? No wonder I don't feel like I should have that DVR.

I'm going to find something to eat.

No comments: