Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Been down in the dumps for a few days

So I figured I'd make a post about things that make me smile.


Prince of Persia Trailer:


I know I posted this is my last blog, but it deserves a 2nd posting. The trailer is just that fucking good. It reminds me of an old Gears of War trailer.

I just love it when a game can be both mind-numbingly bad ass and smart and insightful at the same time. I know it's somewhat common when you play a bunch of RPGs, but I don't. So when I see an adventure game do this, I can't help but be excited for it.

TGS09 (Tokyo Game Show) is this week, and there's been a ton of new information announced that's got my gaming fingers twitching. E3, our local game convention, left me feeling kind of...blah. I really didn't care about much that I saw. But with TGS, there's been a ton of new info that has me drooling.

Whether it be new handheld stuff for the Nintendo DS:

Shining Force: Feather


Chrono Trigger DS:


Ninokuni: The Another World (Produced in part with Studio Ghibli)


Dragonball: Origins


To the other stuff:

King of Fighters XII:


Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom (As if I needed another reason to want a Wii?)


Gears of War 2 (You didn't think I was going to make a video game post without this, did you?)


So yeah, I know I just went off on a tangent of posting new and awesome stuff from TGS, but whatever. It's my blog. There were plenty of videos I would have posted, but I didn't want to go too overboard.

I've been drinking a lot of Coca-Cola Classic. It's weird, I was never a huge fan, but lately, it tastes really good, and reminds me of like...being young. That's weird, I know. And it sounds like a lame commercial, but yeah...It definitely deserves to be called "classic".

Today I did laundry, which sucks, but I brought my Nintendo DS (which was almost dead. But I got through a world and a half in New Super Mario Bros). I also brought a new book I'm reading called "The Mystery of Pittsburgh" by Michael Chabon. I read about 50 pages while I waited for my clothes to dry, and I really dig it. It kind of reminds me of Less Than Zero by Ellis, but without all of the drugs and 1980s pop culture.

I only half-watched the debate tonight. I all ready know who I'm going to vote for. I did think it was funny, though. McCain's final statements were all about him. What he's done, who he is. That's great. I won't for a milisecond pretend that McCain isn't an American hero. The man has done this country a lot of good in the past. But, he sure likes to talk about it. His past, I mean. Then it's Obama's turn. And he doesn't talk about himself. He talks about what he's going to do. In a time where we need a change (no one can deny that) Obama was the one that left off on a note of it. McCain, not so much. And I want to go on record that I don't hate McCain. I'm not voting for him, but I also don't hate him. If Hilary was his opposition, I probably would vote for him. But Obama says (most of) the things I want to hear.

Speaking of politics, and I'm not going to get into this for more than just a few sentances. You need to vote. I don't care if you vote Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Independant, whatever. This country was founded on the idea of independant thought and freedom. Right now, as we speak, our family members and our friends are overseas, dying to protect that right.

So fucking vote.

Anyways. Tomorrow I start my 8 days in a row at work. Fuck me sideways. My job is soul-crushing enough with a day off every couple of days. But 8 in a row? Thank Christ I'm off next Friday and Saturday. Then I work for 4 days, and then I go home for the weekend. I am seriously going to need it. In fact, I seriously need it now.

Meh, I was going to keep me coming back to Chesapeake for a weekend a secret, but I think the only people that would actually get this far into a blog of mine all ready know.

Also, since this is a blog about things that make me feel a little better, I think I should bring up someone specific. Desiree. While things are still new, and we're taking it slow, Desiree is the first person I've met here that I've spent any time with. It just turns out that we both have crushes on each other, we both support Obama, we both read a lot, and we both enjoy...things I won't mention in this blog post. She's unlike every girl I've ever dated. Not that we're dating, as we don't have a label, but you know what I'm getting at. I'm way, way nerdier than she is. Christ, she hasn't even seen any of the Star Wars save for the 4th episode. She just saw Iron Man the other night while we were hanging out. She mentioned she hadn't seen it at dinner at Bojangles, and we went straight to Target and I bought it. That "secret" ending still makes me cream my nerdy jeans. Anyway, Desiree is awesome, and I enjoy spending time with her, and doing those unmentioned things. For now, that's good enough for the both of us.

Wish me luck this week, my friends. I'll need it.

PS: Dear Lego Batman. I'm sorry you've been so neglected for the past 10 or so days. Blame MegaMan 9. It's too fun and awesome and agonizingly tough to not play when I find time to play games.

No comments: