Friday, September 19, 2008

A long and awesome day.



Man, today was an awesome, busy day.

I work up around 8:30 from hearing the trashmen collecting garbage. I decided, that since I had a lot to do today, I'd go ahead and get up for the day instead of going back to sleep.

I showered and then called Beth. She was up for hanging up, so I got dressed, and headed out the door. I put the 2 huge jugs of change my parents gave me into my trunk, and got to Beth's around 11 or so. Our first stop was to Harris Teeter to go to coinstar. We were going to use her change counter and do it ourselves, but I just figured that would take way too long, so I decided it was worth the 9% the coinstar charges.

After what felt like forever, we finally got all of the change into the machine. The total was a little over...$500! Seriously, I was shocked. We cashed out, were told that it was the biggest coinstar thing they'd ever seen, and left.

I bought us some victory coffee from the Starbucks across the street, where Beth let me know that the Starbucks girl was "all up in my shiz" checking me out and being flirty. I, being a guy, was completely oblivious to this. Sure, she's in there every time we've gone in, and she's always very talkative and cute, but I figured it was just good customer service. Beth assures me it's more than that, because she's like that every time we go in.

After Starbucks, we went to Capitol Comics where I bought this week's comics, along with the final volume of Loveless. I would normally wait until our store got it, but I figured I just had a ton of money, and I'd been dying to finish this amazing western. I plan on reading it tomorrow morning.

After comics, we went back to Beth's to switch cars. I wasn't going to make her drive all the way out to Durham to get my paycheck. While at the store, Chris (the other head cashier) told me he could switch shifts with me on Thursday, which is great, because it means I'll have all of Thursday to see Mandy and Shaina when they come visit. I can't wait for that at all.

After The Noble, we went to Gamestop. I said if the change added up to $300 I was going to pick up the new Star Wars game. Since we were way over my predicted amount, I didn't feel bad about buying it. It's the last time I'll shop in that Gamestop ever again. Fucking terrible customer service. They made us wait for about 15 minutes while they did someone's trade-in. There were 2 employees up there, I was clearly in line, and making it very clear I all ready had the game I wanted to buy in hand. Stupid game clerks. I'll just make sure I go to the Gamestop on Capital BLVD from now on.

We got some pizza, and left the mall. We crossed the street and went to Old Navy, because Beth wanted to get a new, discounted bathing suit. Of course they were in the middle of a sale where if you brought someone in, you got 20% off everything you got. And of course they had an awesome jacket and an awesome mock-hoodie. I bought them both. With the 20% discount, and all of my jackets at home being way to big after I lost the weight I lost, I feel ok with buying what I bought. Plus they're awesome.

After Old Navy, we went to Best Buy so Beth could buy a mouse and I could buy ethernet cable so I can play X-Box online again.

After we went to Ed McKay's Used Books where I bought American Gods (because Kendra recommended it so highly), Manhunt (hardcover for $6) and the 3 Gatchaman OAVs on VHS for a total of $6. (Hence the image I used with this entry)

After Ed McKay's we went to BB&T where I could pay off my stupid over-draft fee (the original reason for the trip to Coinstar). I won't say how much it was, but let's just say an unknown charge from Rhapsody (which is now cancelled because of it) and like 5 coffees (which adds up to about 1/2 of what I thought I had) really cost me a lot of money. But, it was taken care of. I still have an entire paycheck from The Noble going through on Monday, and my final check from working 2 weeks/nights at City Hall. So everything money-wise is fine. If it hadn't been for coinstar, I'd be royally fucked right now, but I think this time I learned my lesson. Don't subscribe to automatic charging things (Rhapsody). Knowing that if I didn't have those jugs of change, I'd be totally fucked, well...It scared the piss out of me. Won't fuck that up again. It's nice everything got paid off, but that still could've been money I could have in my pocket right now.

Oh well, alls well that ends well. I know I spent way too much money on myself today, but aside from the video game, the $30 in comics, and the $15 or so at Ed McKay's, everything was kind of essential. I needed the clothes really badly.

I think that the Starbucks girl checking me out is funny. Beth said she constantly seeing girls checking me out. According to Shaina, she sees it as well. What the Hell? Am I really that oblivious?! I guess I am. I never see any of it. It's kind of awesome. I should really learn to read signals better, I guess. Even though, at this moment, I don't really feel like being in a relationship. I mean, I do, but I don't. There are certain stipulations that would make me want to be in a relationship, but none of them (or well, the one) aren't going to happen any time soon. I guess I'm ok with that. I'm really enjoying Raleigh now, so for now, that's enough.

And just to clarify, this stipulation I mentioned before has ZERO to do with anyone I've previously dated. In fact, my life in general has ZERO to do with anyone I've previously dated. That's the way I like it, and that's the way I want to keep it. I'm not mad at anyone, I'm not disappointed in anyone, I'm not anything at anyone. I'm nothing towards all of my exes, and I'm sure anyone who knows me knows exactly what I'm talking about.

I haven't been this happy in a really long time.

No comments: