Wednesday, September 17, 2008



I'm very excited that It's Always Sunny starts season 4 tomorrow with 2 brand new episodes. I finished season 3 today. The finale was hilarious.

"You're about to see the white hot cream of a 8th grade boy"

So this Raleigh life has gotten to the point of a semi-routine, which is fine with me. I'm used to my new store, which took a bit longer than I thought it would. I still miss the Greenbrier store a ton, but South Point is really cool. The location is tops, I must admit. It's in the center of this mini-town of stores. There's a fountain right outside of the front door, and there are tables from the cafe on the side of the building. Today it was almost Autumn weather, and I sat at one of the tables and had a cigarette and felt almost home. The setting is a really nice change. Much nicer than that damn uncomfortable bench in Greenbrier. I still really miss the close friendships and in-jokes. I quoted Throw Mama From The Train today, and the quote went over someone's head. I know, at Greenbrier, it wouldn't.

It's weird learning the roads out here, too. The other day I had to stop for cigarettes, and I realized that it would've been hard to make a left out of the parking lot, so I took a right, and got home without a hitch. Little things like that make me love Raleigh.

I really do love Raleigh. I like the way it's laid out, I like the weather, I love my house. It's so nice to come home, not have to worry about climbing those old god awful stairs, and it's nice to sit on my couch and watch a bit of TV. I don't have to worry about anything or anyone. It's nice learning to call it home. It also feels weird to refer to Chesapeake as "back up North". Ha, it makes me feel worldy. That's lame, I know.

Mandy and Shaina are visiting me in a week from tomorrow. I can't fucking wait. I need my girls. Kendra was supposed to come with them, but they decided to leave a day earlier, and Kendra can't get out of work, or something. This is the pure definition of bitter-sweet, because I'm stoked to see Mandy and Shaina for an extra day, but I also really wanted to see Kendra. Hopefully when I go down in a month or so, I'll be able to spend some time with her, along with everyone else.

Yesterday I talked to Mandy for hours online, and it got me thinking about anime conventions, and how badly I want to go to one. I didn't have the best time at HeroesCon, and the memories are a little...ruined because of certain aspects. While I loved hanging out with Josh, Kyle, Raph, Jose, and all those kids, I think I enjoy anime conventions a bit more, if only for the company. I really need to get into some more anime. I just wish I wasn't so picky. And, of course, when I do find a series to get into, it's impossible to find anything at the cons that has anything to do with them.

But I digress. Just thinking of anime cons this Spring/Summer, and road-tripping with Mandy, Shaina, Kendra, and who ever else just gets my heart pumping. Road-trips, hotel rooms, costumes, showings, all of that stuff. I'm really not even into anime all that much, but I'm CRAVING it, honestly. KatsuCon is going to be a blast.

Speaking of anime, a new Casshern is coming out, and I'm very excited.


I guess that's all for now.

No comments: