Friday, September 12, 2008

First blog from Raleigh

Well, I've been in Raleigh for 13 days now. I've just gotten my internet and cable TV. Needless to say, it's been pretty god damn boring.

If it weren't for Beth, I don't think I would've made it. She and Josh are literally my only friends in this entire state.

I've run my errands, have MOST of the apartment unpacked (still waiting on a few things to be fixed), and know my way around to the essential places.

My new Barnes & Noble is about a 30 minute drive, which is twice the amount of time. It's not terrible, but it's also not great by any means. I'm still not sure how I feel about the store. I know I'm the new guy, but there aren't many very friendly people there. Not that they're mean, but it's like...Come say hi to me. I'm the new guy, so shouldn't it be their thing to come and introduce themselves? Every day is a little better than the previous, so I'm not giving up hope just yet. There are a few really cool people, and yesterday when I was leaving, one of the booksellers did go out of her way to introduce herself to me. So that was kind of nice. They also do all of their money and record keeping completely different (and if you ask me, ass-backwards) but I'm getting a hold of it. It's a process, re-learning everything you've known for the past 4 and some change years.

I love my house, for the most part. Sure, it's small, but it's just me, so it's not that big of a deal. I do have the occasional wood roach infestation, though, which SUCKS. Fuckers better come out soon and spray.

I really wish there was more to talk about. But sadly, I've literally done NOTHING for the past 2 weeks. I've read a whole lot, watched a ton of DVDs, played a ton of computer solitaire, and that's about it.

Oh, I did go see Pineapple Express with Beth and Josh. It was pretty funny, but I still don't think it was as good as Tropic Thunder.

Uh...I guess that's all for now. Hopefully I'll have something fun to update with soon enough.

No comments: