Friday, November 14, 2008

This Raleigh Life Part X

So it's been a while since I've updated.

For those who didn't know, Desiree and I are officially a "couple". Yes, she is my (awesome) girlfriend and I am her (awesome) boyfriend. Things are very good, although we're still taking things slow and being smart, and all that stuff. She's the best.

She came over last night, and put me in a better mood (shitty day at work) and we woke up and ran errands. A stop at the comic store and Wendy's later, we came back home and took a nice long nap. Afterwards, we went to her house, she cooked a frozen pizza I bought, and then I came home.

I feel weird writing too much about our relationship and what we do. Maybe after having my last serious relationship in so much of a spotlight (even that made me laugh) I'm kind of enjoying it being low key.

Work has been pretty good, although somewhat frustrating. I've been busting my ass selling member cards and charity book drive books, but no one else really is, so our conversion rate is still low. It's nice that all of the managers have come to me and let me know that they know how hard I'm working and how well I'm doing, but at the same time, I want the store to be recognized, not me. But hey, I'm also not about to stop them praising me.


Ok, Guy Gardner moment over.


The Belle & Sebastian BBC Sessions album comes out on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to that very much. While researching the album, I found out they also released a collection DVD about 5 years ago. This was also ordered, if only for the live performance of Lazy Line Painter Jane with guest star Monica Queen.

For now, this is it.

No comments: